Singapore - Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore showcased emerging technologies to clients, partners and staff at the agency’s first Digital Innovation Night held on Wednesday, 28 August.
Exhibits included 3D printers, an LCD programmable fridge, a Wabot (WAseda roBOT), eye mapping technology display, CGI modelling and Leap Motion technology.
Vinnie Lauria, founding partner at venture capitalist firm Golden Gate Ventures presented the keynote, highlighting trends in innovation, the start-up culture in Asia, and new models in funding ideas.
The event was attended by
approximately 150 people and kicked off with an introduction from Paul Roebuck,
CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore.
“We’re really glad to be able to use our connections with the new technology community and introduce their work to our clients. There are some incredible developments in interactive technology which we see can enhance the consumer experience.”
Saatchi & Saatchi Digital
Brand Director Lauren Ahearn says that the showcase is the best way for
creatives and clients to have a conversation about how to apply new technology
“The Digital Innovation Night provides the ability for our clients to be exposed to the latest technology, interact with suppliers, and participate in the consumer experience first-hand. It gives our clients the opportunity to be at the forefront of consumer technology.”
Response to the event has been positive from clients and suppliers. Saatchi & Saatchi Singapore intends to hosts similar events in the future.
Exhibitors at the event were:
• 3E Gadgets – A company specializing in electronic gadgets, LED displays and customised engineering solutions. http://3egadgets.com/
• Funbie Studios – Collaborative specialists in 3D printing technology. http://funbiestudios.com/
• GoGorilla – An RFID solutions provider for large and small scale event management. http://gogorilla.com.sg/
• Honey Crime – 3D and CGI graphics animators.
• Hyper Island – An educational company specialising in real-world industry training using digital technology. http://www.hyperisland.com/
• iDisplay – Specialists in LCD screen technology.
• Immersive Soundscape – Experts in directional sound display. http://www.immersivesoundscape.com/
• Objective Digital – User-experience, eye-tracking technology and analytics company. http://www.objectivedigital.com/
• MAKE magazine, compliments of MarketAsia Distributors. http://makezine.com/
• Romscraj – Suppliers of 3D printers, print materials and 3D printer DIY kits. http://romscraj.com/carttoo/
• Saatchi & Saatchi Arachnid – Saatchi & Saatchi’s digital and interactive agency in Malaysia presenting Leap Motion technology.
• Shapeways – A global 3D printing marketplace and community. http://www.shapeways.com/
• Trobok – 3D character design and printing led by Rick Treweek. http://www.trobok.com
• Lennard Ong – A Singaporean based architect and tech enthusiast who created a digital Wabot installation.