Job title Senior Talent Partner, Saatchi & Saatchi Fallon Group
Reports to: CTO -Publicis Communication & Commercial Director – Saatchi & Saatchi
Position within structure
The essence of the role is to lead the HR function across Saatchi & Saatchi and Fallon. At Saatchi & Saatchi the role reports into the Commercial Director of Saatchi & Saatchi and partners closely with both the COO of Saatchi and Saatchi (new appointment is pending), and the CEO of Fallon, along with other senior members of staff across the agencies.
The role also manages the relationship between the agency and Publics Communication, the sub division of our holding company (Publicis Groupe). Therefore it also has a reporting line into the Chief Talent Officer for Publics Communication.
The HR function at Saatchi & Saatchi is branded as Talent & Development. We partner with the business and focus on providing an engaging and effective service that emphasises attracting, retaining and developing our Talent.
In addition to this role, the department is made up of a Manager, Adviser and Coordinator, with an additional rolling intern role.
As part of the Groupe structure we are heavily indentured to a shared service centre that leads on all admin, benefits and payroll.
There is a high level of transactional / operational tasks that need to be completed within our department, but we also pride ourselves on continually improving the HR service through transformational project work.
Being a creative led environment we focus on a ‘people not process’ approach.
Key facts / further info
Saatchi & Saatchi and Fallon are sister agencies but operate as two distinct companies. In addition to the Fallon payroll, within Saatchi there are also three payrolls (Permeant, Temporary and EMEA/Worldwide) and a number of internal divisions (P&G, Digital, EMEA/WW and Saatchi Masius). Each payroll and division has its own nuances, and (in some cases), management team.
While the role itself only supports the London office, within Saatchi & Saatchi London there are a number of very senior employees with regional or global remits. The headcount across the two agencies is approximately 450 PAYE employees, with up to an additional 50 (approx.) freelancers in at any one time.
Send to a friend
• Guide, support and coach the leadership team and senior managers through all elements of the employee life cycle. Provide a commercial, strategic approach to HR in line with our ‘Nothing is Impossible’ ethos whilst also ensuring our policies and procedures are compliant with the latest employment law.
• Sit on the internal operations board which meets once a week, along with the COO, Commercial Director, Finance Director, and a selection of senior managers. Lead on the People segment of this meeting by providing general updates, guidance, recommendations and ‘temperature checks’ for the agency.
• Coordinate the approval process for all hires, exits and salary increases. Ensure the needs of the agency are covered in tandem with following the Groupe process and policies.
• Strategically lead all change management for the agency. Directly managing processes where appropriate (up to Head of Department and Director Level) and oversee the processes lead by the HR Manager and HR Adviser. Minimise risk to the business at all times but avoid the use of process for the sake of process. Lead on all TUPE processes for the agency.
• Develop and coordinate the agency Learning & Development programme. Ensure annual performance reviews are conducted effectively across the agency. Use data from these annual performance reviews to partner with Heads of Department and plan strategic learning interventions on an agency wide, departmental, and individual basis. Manage the £100k+ training and development budget.
• Strategically lead on recruitment and talent attraction. Ensure our employer brand makes us a destination employer. Encourage and influence hiring managers to increase direct sourcing to reduce recruitment costs where appropriate, and ensure the HR team is equipped to support this. Where we have relationships with key recruitment agencies ensure these are commercially sound are in line with the the needs of the agency, while balancing the requirements of the Groupe policies.
• Ensure all HR policies, procedures, and contracts are effective. They need to balance the need of the business with the rules of the Groupe, as well as being commercially sound and in line with current employment legalisation.
• Oversee relocation of senior international employees. In conjunction with our immigration advisers ensure we are always compliant with UKBA obligations for both new and existing sponsored employees.
• Take responsibility for the output of the Talent & Development (HR) Team, including approving payroll, signing off on all relevant purchasing requests and costs, and e-singing all new hire and offer paperwork. Ensure the service to the business is effective, accurate and timely. Encourage the department to continuously improve the HR offering including reviewing benefits, induction, and on-boarding processes etc.
• Step in to support the relationship with the shared service centre, particularly where escalation is necessary. Partner with the senior staff members within the shared service centre to ensure there is a collaborative approach between balancing their rules and processes with the needs of the HR Team and wider agency.
• Oversee all people related elements of our membership to the IPA. Attend networking events and updates. Overall responsibility for ensuring we are compliant with membership obligations which predominately concerns Continuous Professional Development.
• Oversee the reporting obligations of the department which include monthly HR metric reporting to Groupe, annual reporting to Groupe on CSR activity, and annual CPD reporting, salary surveys and census reporting to the IPA.
• Support the new business team with HR data required for pitches and RFI’s. Ensure our HR policies practices are in line with the requirements of our clients. For particular clients oversee the enhanced employee screening requirements.